Posted by: AM | 2010-04-06

Tight Chest and pains

I am 27 and am getting a bit worried, a bit over a year ago my fingernails started going blue now and again and I have funny things under my nails (someone called it splinter bleeding??) Sometimes it feels as though my heart goes crazy and then again as though it is an effort to beat.. I normally feel extremely tired when either of these happen..Last week sometime I started getting a very tight chest feeling whenever I get relaxed to go to bed and also still present when I wake up, it feels as though someone is scrunching my chest and then now and then, not the whole time, I have these shooting pains over my chest but on my left side, where my heart is. The pain feels as though it comes from below my ribcage and go up into my chest/heart, it is excrutiating but does not last very long. Should I be worried and are these things connected?

I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination as soon as possible. Your symptoms can be due to a cardiac problem and it will have to be investigated.