Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2010-05-12

Tight chest

Dear Doc

I''m 21 weeks pregnant and for the last week I''ve been having the following symptoms:
tight chest with coughing (only slightly relieved by Venteze), post-nasal drip (I am using Nasonex), extreme fatigue (feeling run-down - but maybe also due to 15 month old not sleeping well for past 5 nights after MMR). I am not sure whether this is a cold, because I don''t have a fever, or whether the tiredness is due to the poor sleep. I''m sleeping with my head elevated, but I''m still coughing due to the pnd and also the tight chest. It feels as though there''s pflegm in my chest, but I''m not really coughing anything out. I''m feeling sick, but not really that sick that I can''t work, but I''m feeling too fatigued to work. So I can''t stay at home, but I also am not very effective at work. My bp is 100/60. Do you have any idea whats up?

Hallo Racoon
It sounds as if you have an underlying viral infection and I think you should see your doctor for an examination to see if you need medication and maybe to book you off for a day or so - bedrest is sometimes the best medicine!

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-12

Hallo Racoon

Reply to cyberdoc