tied tubes

i have had my tubes tied and have considered having a another baby is there any way to go about getting pregnant and have you got any contact details regarding this matter thanks

Dear Anonymous

There is essentially two ways that one can try and have a baby after tying the fallopian tubes. The one method is reversal of the fallopian tubes however this method is dependent on the type of sterilization that was undertaken and the length of fallopian tube left behind. This procedure is done by gynaecologists who have an experience in microsurgery. The other method of trying to fall pregnant after sterilization is in-vitro fertilization. In-vitro fertilization is performed at specialized fertility units. There should be a fertility clinic close to where you stay in most major cities in South Africa.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

I had f/clips 3 years ago. Also considering reversal of sterlization. however both in-vitro fertilization &  surgery expensive. and medical aids does not cover. Any referalls?