Posted by: Noodle | 2008-11-20

I live in a complex and someone has moved and left their cat behind. I' ve been feeding the cat that was living in the veld behind our complex for the past month. I finally managed to get him to trust me enough on Monday to come close enough to me and took him to my home. I took him to the vet yesterday to get his shots and to be neutered. I told the vet that I saw a few red and blue ticks on the cat. He said I can simply remove the ticks with tweezers....Is this correct? It' s not that I don' t trust or believe the vet, it' s just my dad (and maybe this is an old wives tale?) believed that when one pull a tick off an animal then the tick' s head stays behind and then the animal gets tick fever.....? The vet also said if I don' t want to remove the ticks I can put oil on them. I did that last night, and the ticks are still there.....Will they die and fall off themselves? I' m so scared the kitty is going to get sick because of something stupid I did. Please can you give me a 2nd opinion on this?

Thank you for your time....

Dear Noodle

Fine to pull them off but use frontline or Revolution as well to kill and keep them off.