Question
Posted by: Dog owner | 2009-01-27

Ticks

My 12 week old female scotty pup was treated with Advantix 4 weeks ago (for the first time in her young life). On Saturday I discovered a tick on her! It was grey in colour and half-way engorged. When does Advantix start providing protection? Should I dose her every 4 weeks or 6 weeks? What can I use in conjunction with this to protect against tick fever? What are her chances of contracting tick fever now? How long is in the incubation period and what symptoms should I watch out for? Is tick fever more dangerous in puppies? She is currently just under 4kgs.

Dear Dog owner

Apply Advantix every 4 weeks. You can also use a preventic tick collar for extra protection and a new vaccination is also available againt tick bite fever. Do a search on the internet for general info on biliary.