Question
Posted by: Tim | 2010-03-11

tickbite fever

Hi there, I have recently got tickbite fever. I went to the doctor on 5 / 3 / 10 , im on antibiotics and other medication.

My question to you is, how long do I have to wait before I can start gym again ?

Ive heard that the heart muscles take strain and its possible to suffer from a heart attack. I have had pains in my chest and what felt like my kidneys. Im a 30 year old male, I worry cause my grandfather died from a heart attack.....

Tim van Niekerk

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-15

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2010-03-11

Hi Tim
I think you should wait at least 2 weeks before you start gymming and definitely not while you have any fever or muscle pains still, as this could be an indication of miositis.

Reply to Dr Bets