Question
Posted by: nervous | 2008-11-28

tickbite fever

My friend was bitten by a small red tick this morning, those you find on animals. What are the symptoms, how long before they show and what treatment. Does every red tick carry the virus causing tickbite fever?

Thank you for your help

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

There is a lot of information involved and I therefore, recommend that you visit the following link answering all questions that you might have: http://www.mediclinic.co.za/corpnews/articles/Tick%20Bite%20Fever%20180405.htm

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Yolanda | 2009-05-03

I' m 33 years old. I get headaches since I' m 7. I know I' m allergic to Rooibos, as it gives me such an headache I' m down for three days. My problem is that I had Tickbite fever the end of March. Since then I have a headache EVERY DAY. I go to bed with it and wake up with it. What is worrying me is that there is a severe spike in pain and within seconds of that I get a dizzy spell. So much so that most of the time I either have to lay down or sit down.
Can this still be from the Tickbite fever?

Or is it my time to be put down?

Lol

Yolanda

Reply to Yolanda
Posted by: Yolanda | 2009-03-16

I' vd had glandular fever middle 2005 &  dec 2005 it was tickbite fever. had an aneversery on both each year. but i have tivk bite again. took a tick of my heel 2 weeks ago. my head is splitting, my fever is between 37 &  38° c. EVERY muscle and joint is sore...feels like i was in a torture chamber on a stretch aparatus... and being tired? that is an understatement. my glands is so swollen i can barely swallow. how long does the infection take? it is viral? im also taking alot of iron and pain tablets. what else can i take?

Reply to Yolanda