Question
Posted by: aida | 2010/08/25

tick prevention

I currently live in a built up suburb so do not use anything like for example front line on my dogs, but I am moving the the countryside and do not want them to come down with biliary. I have read that these spot drop applications to keep ticks away for a month are actually poisonous to the dogs too. Is there a particular product which is effective but completely safe for the dog? Obviously if the amount of poisoning to the dog is insignificant I would rather use the product and avoid biliary. But then someone told me they used front line and their dog still got biliary. What to do?

Hi Aida

The safety margin's for the veterinary tick products are very good and it is very unusal that problems arise. There are many products available on the market and these can be obtained from your local veterinary practice or vet shop.

It is important that you use tick contol to try and reduce the chances of your pet getting biliary.

It is important to understand that tick control helps reduce the no of ticks on the host it DOES NOT prevent your dog getting biliary. No product is 100% effective.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/08/25

Hi Aida

Reply to CyberVet