Posted by: Alison | 2012-09-01

Tick bite fever headache

I have had constant severe headache for 3 weeks now. I only went to the Dr on day 11. He diagnosed tick bite fever. On day 15 I was admitted to hospital due to severe pain and vomiting. The whole range of tests were done. The only positive one was ANF. However, I am told the tick bite fever test can take a while to show as it is an antibody test. I have never been a headache sufferer. I am now taking Gen payne or Tramacet or Adco dol every 8 hours without fail. The relief is slight and short lived. Can it still be from the tick bite fever? How long do you think it could continue? It is driving me crazy. I am getting so depressed and anxious. Can only see rheumatologist in a months time. Please advise as I can''t see myself living this way.

If you do have tick bite fever, you will experience the headache for as long as the infection is present. Did the doctor start treatment for tick bite fever? In light of the severe headaches, I suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a neurologist for an examination as soon as possible.