Question
Posted by: Bev | 2011/01/12

Tick Bite Fever

I have tick bite fever(self diagnosed as have all the symptoms except the rash) and am trying to build up an immunity by not taking the meds. I have been ill since Sat 8th Jan and have been treating the symtoms with Extra strength Disprin. I do have Doxycyline (bought for a trip to Zambia). My question is : Has sufficient time elapsed for an immunity to build up? Should I start the meds now especially as my gland in my groin is rather painful?
Many thanks
Bev

Hi Bev
Not taking medication will not build up immunity and may be outright dangerous (it can cause meningitis, pneumonia and liver problems). Please see a doctor for a confirming blood test and the right treatment as soon as possible.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/12

Hi Bev