Question
Posted by: Gwen | 2010/08/03

Tick bite fever

Hello

I worked in a game reserve in South Africa last week and I have been diagnosed with tick bite fever. I know I got bitten by ticks. I am a bit concerned because the most predominent effect is severe diarrhoea associated with painful cramps. I had a look on the internet and diarrhoea is not listed as one of the symptoms of tick bite fever. I also feel nauseous and I had fever, but those symtoms do not affect me as much as the diarrhoea and tummy cramps. Will you please give me some information about this? You can reply directly to my email address.

Tanks very much,

Gwen

Hallo Gwen
Unfortunately I can't send emails from the website. Diarrhoea and stomach cramps are not symptoms of tickbite fever, but you may have 2 conditions at the same time. Maybe you should also send a sample of stool to the lab to check for bacterial or parasite infection. Try taking probiotics three times a day in the mean time.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/03

Hallo Gwen