Question
Posted by: K W | 2009/10/19

Tick bite fever?

I was bitten by a tick 14 days ago. 7 days later, I woke up with a sudden, extreme dizziness. I almost couldn' t balance at all. I went to the doctor and got some anti-biotics and meds for tick bite fever. I was told the symptoms will get worse and then get better.

A week has gone past and I have not shown any symptoms other than severe dizziness and a mild headace now and then. When I stand up or sit down or turn my head fast, I get so dizzy I feel like I want to fall over. When I sit on my bed and I lie down on my left side, my head spins severely for about 30 secs, then it' s over.

I' m a very healthy and fit, 47 year old male. This is beginning to worry me a bit.

Any idea?

Hallo KW
You may have vertigo most commonly caused by labyrintitis and it may be a co-incidence that it happened at the same time as the tick bite. Medication that helps for this is Serc/Stugeron. It usually goes away after a week or two. If it does not go away you need to see an ENT specialist to look for other more serious causes of the symptoms.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001054.htm

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/20

Hallo KW

Reply to cyberdoc