Posted by: Caroline | 2008-11-19

Tick bite fever

I was in a tick area just over a week ago.
I found a small tick on me but it had not bitten me yet and I haven' t found anymore.
However I found a lot on my dogs.
I have been getting severe headaches but only in the afternoons.
The glands on the left side of my neck were extremely sore, but have since gotten better.
And I am feeling more tired than usual.
I haven' t found an eschar and don' t have a rash.
Is it still possible that I have tick bite fever and should I see a doctor?

Dear Caroline
Yes it is possible and I think you should rather go for the blood test - it sounds very much like tick bite fever to me!

Posted by: Nelly | 2008-11-19

I suggest you go see the doc just in case.

Reply to Nelly
Posted by: Mom | 2008-11-19

Does it feel like someone has hit you in the back of your head with a baseball bat??

Can you find any bites on your body?? Check in your hair too. They like to bite there, or behind ears, between toes. Look everywhere.

Maybe just go to the DR anyway.

Reply to Mom