Question
Posted by: Masana | 2009/12/05

Tick Bite

Hi - My father was bitten by two ticks in one leg, after feeling nothing for a while, he then felt uneasy and then check his feet in the shoes, only to find that there were two ticks sucking his blood, he then removed them, since then - his feet has been swollen and developed scars and smells bed

what can we do - we took him to a puclic hospitals, they are unable to help, is about three months now and is very painful, do you think those things left some diseases/poison

why is not healing, do you know a specialist who can assist in Limpopo Giyani or Polokwane, if not pretoria

Please help as the situation is getting out of control

Worried Masana

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Masana

It is possible that the wounds are infected and will need specialist attention to get the proper medication to deal with them. It is also possible that not all of the tick was properly removed. It is important to deal with this as soon as possible because there are a number of systemic conditions thast can be caused or made worse by tick bite. I suggest going to your doctor as soon as possible.

Chris

2
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009/12/11

Dear Masana

Chris

Reply to Foot expert
Posted by: John | 2009/12/08

Take him to a Gp.

Reply to John