Posted by: BGirl | 2009-03-25

Thyroid???please help

It has been suggested by a colleague that I should have a test done for underactive thyroid. My symptoms include greatly increased hair loss, painful and heavy periods, fatigue, irritability, unexplicable weight gain among others. please help, i' m desperate.

Dear BGirl
You do have many of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid. Please see your doctor for a blood test.

Posted by: BGirl | 2009-03-25

Hi I am only 27. And am on the pill already. Thank you for your help though :)

Reply to BGirl
Posted by: Dee | 2009-03-25

Hi there,

Another cause of your problems could be hormonal. I have gone onto HRT it is very similar to the pill and just balances
out the hormones. how old are you? once you are in your
fourties the hormones often change.
Alternately - go for a blood test, they can pick up immediately
if your thyroid is underactive and will put you on Eltroxin.
Good luck!

Reply to Dee