Question
Posted by: koeks | 2009/04/03

thyroidectomy

I am a 47 year old woman. 3 weeks ago I had a thyroidectomy. Everything went fine with the op. I suffered from pain in my knees before but now after the op it feels even worse. My whole body aches and feels stiff when I wake up in the morning. The doctor said that I lack calcium and gave me supplements. Will this go away?

Koeks

I suggest that you have x-rays of your knees taken, to evaluate your knee joints. Further x-rays of your hands and blood tests can shed light on the possible causes for your symptoms.