Question
Posted by: janet | 2008/08/09

thyroid problems

Please assist - i have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism as my TSH count was 6.8. I am a little confused because most of the symptoms I have experienced, except the weight loss (I am 25 kilo' s overweight) was for Hyperthyroidism. I have had a fast pulse and irregular heartbeat since I was about 9, I am now 51. I also feel hot when eveyone else is cold. I have dry scaly skin, bad memory depression, high cholestrol etc. A scan also revealed lately that i have 5 nodules on my thyroid which are not cancerous. Also had a stress ECG and a scan of my heart which was normal. I am on a very low dose of Eltroxin and now instead if being hot all the time, i am now feeling the cold. Please help because I am afraid that I have been misdiagnosed.

Janet

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with an endocrynologist, in order to have your thyroid count redone. He/she will then be able to make a correct diagnosis.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: cheryl | 2009/02/18

my latest blood test showed a thyroid count of 8.1. My doctor
recommends I take the lowest dose eltroxin. I have heard that it is bad for one' s heart - thyis worries me

Reply to cheryl