Question
Posted by: Ame | 2010/07/22

Thyroid or something else

Good day

I have been diagnosed with Tyroid problems over 7 years ago. First I used eltroxin and now I''m on diotroxin and Autrin(Iron).

Honestly I dont feel any change.

I have terrible hairloss, dry skin/ioily at the same time, horrible nails, tired all the time, restless, irritated, and cold hands and feet, weird cravings sometimes too. I have been to so many specialists and they just give a prescription and said its my underactive and overactive thyroid, which doesnt make sense.

I''ve been surfing the net and I found anaemia and iron deficiency to my symtoms. I dont think I have a thyroid problem at all.

Please advice.

Hallo Ame
Thyroid problems are "easy" to diagnose, as it will show up in you blood if you do a thyroid hormone test. Anemia can be diagnosed by doing a full blood count test as well as a serum-iron and ferritin level test. Thyroid replacement therapy is difficult as the treatment may cause either an underactive thyroid (if you don't get high enough dosage) or an overactive thyroid (if you take too much) Your symptoms could also be caused by insulin resistance, low esterogen levels, stress and/or depression, or low cortisol levels. Is it possible for you to see a physician or even better, an endocrinologist if they haven't done these tests yet?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/22

Hallo Ame