Question
Posted by: lucy v | 2009/01/26

Thyroid medication

I we for a pregnancy test today as well as a thyroid test. The pregnancytest came back positive. The results of the thyroid test showed 41, when its supposed to be 4. The Doctor asked me to come in tomorrow for medication. My question is this: How safe is it for me to go on thyroid medication when I am +/- 5 weeks pregnant? Will it do any damage to wait until after the pregnany to go on meds?

It is important for your thyroid function to be normal in pregnancy. The medications are safe and it is important that you take them.