Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2011-04-11

Thyroid hormones

I am 40 years old, baby is breastfed 7 months (third child - other 2 and 5 years), and feeling tired, inability to concentrate, sometime coldish, slightly lower body, slightly depressed. I am also sleeping exeptionally badly, so the symptoms might just be that. GP had TSH and FT4 tested and results were: TSH=0.5 and FT4=8.2. Could this have any effect? both are kindof on the bottom margin of the reference ranges? central hypothyroid?

many thanks for your input!

Hallo Racoon
I would keep an eye on the thyroid functions and repeat it after a month or so - it may be going down. The broken sleep could definitely cause slight depression, "fogginess" and tiredness. Take a vit B complex supplement and try to get someone to help you with the kids so that you can take a nap during the day. It may be good if you can also express milk and get a friend or family member to babysit for one night a week so that you can catch up on some sleep.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-04-11

Hallo Racoon