Question
Posted by: Annemarie | 2009/12/14

Thyroid functions

Dear Doc
How often should I have my thyroid functions checked? I am on Eltroxin 0.1ug and Diotroxin x1 tab. It was last done in April last year. I am very interested to know - I was admitted for something else when the physician said that there is no need to be on Diotroxin - it does nothing for your T3? My T3 was very low in 2006 and it appeared to bring the levels up again. Do you know anything about this?

Hallo Annemarie
If you are well stabilized on your medication, I think 6 monthly testing is enough. Eltroxin is T4 that is changed in the body to T3. Diotroxin contains T4 and T3 (4:1) so gives you that extra bit of T3 that does not need conversion. Some people do well on only Eltroxin and some do better if you give Diotroxin. If it is working for you now, don't change a winning recipe!

2
Posted by: sue | 2009/12/14

I have taken my basal body temp for two weeks when I wake up and its 35.20 degrees. I am on eltroxin 1mg. should I increase it by another half? dont want a blood test.

Reply to sue
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/14

Hallo Annemarie

Reply to cyberdoc