thyroid / fatigue / high blood pressure

Hi, I suffer from hypothyroidism &  have been treating it for 14 yrs. 2 wks ago I had a very bad case of flu &  after a wk I consulted my GP again which was when we detected my bp was high 158/96 &  later 160/98. I am now taking daptril (at 5am) &  propanalol as well as my eltroxin daily. However it' s been a week &  I feel no improvement, I have not been to work as I am unable to get up in the mornings, I go to bed with a throbbing head &  wake up with it &  once I become active I get palpitations. Should I get a second opinion?

Dear Anonymous
Please just let your doctor know that you still have headache - the medication can take a few weeks to work 100% effectively, but he could maybe just follow up on the BP reading.