Question
Posted by: CEB | 2009-03-20

THYROID AND ESTROGEN

1) MY ESTROGEN COUNT IS 44 AS OPPOSED TO BETWEEN 400 - 600 FROM THE BLOOD TEST RESULTS. MY DOC IS UNCERTAIN AS TO WHY THIS IS. CAN YOU POSSIBLY TELL ME WHY OR HOW THIS COULD OCCUR?
2) THYROID ALSO UNDERACTIVE. I UNDERSTAND THAT IS THE REASON WHY I CANNOT LOOSE ANY WEIGHT, BUT MY QUESTION IS HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN. IS IT STRESS RELATED OR WHAT?
3) ARE THE TWO DIFFERENT PROBLEMS RELATED TO EACH OTHER OR ARE THEY TOTALLY SEPERATE FROM EACH OTHER?

CEB

Please be so kind as to provide me with the full hormone profile results, including the prolactin level.

Your thyroid count and your estrogen count is not related to each other. The causes for hypothyroidism is usually a viral infection that effects the thyroid. An underactive thyroid can be successfully treated with artificial T3 supplementation.

Kind regards