Posted by: Stefan | 2013-01-31

My wifes doctor diagnosed her last year wityh hypothyriodism after blood tests. He ordered a scan and two more blood tests. The scans report reads as follows.

Two small Isoechoic and hypoechoic thyroid nodules in the right thyroid, Both demonstrate a complete halo. there is a coarse calcification associated with the more superior nodule. Given the size and the thyroid nodules and characteristics of these two nodules, ultrasoundf features suggestive of benign lesions, ultrasound follow-up of these nodules suggested.

I have searched the internet but only found articles with terminology that I cannot understand. Please help in explaining what this means.

Also can the thyriod affect a hersons sex drive and moods?

The nodules in the thyroid can be the cause of her hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid). I can only speculate by saying that due to past inflammation, the fibrotic nodules formed. She will need spesialist treatment to correct her thyroid hormones. Hypothyroidism has many effects on the body and can definately cause a low libido and mood swings.