Posted by: quizzy | 2013-01-17

I have a naturally low body temp, and seem to be gaining weight (not muscle but fat and inches )steadily despite having being on a healthy lowered cal, low Gi diet with exercise regularily - for about 6 months. Someone mentioned it could be thyroid, especially since my body temp is always around 35 degrees. I had a test done and it came back negative, but then I saw a tv program with doctors in US saying that the thyroid tests now days are actually inacurate and can actually miss a problematic thyroid. Do you know anything about this? How does one go ahead persuing the thyroid thing once your tests come back negative?

Expert ImageNatural health

The reading at most labs are anything below the level 4 are normal. In 2007 this was changed at some labs. Recheck your levels again it should be between 0.5 - 2.5 for a normal reading. Remember averages on blood tests is determined on a group of people. It is not to say that your individual biochemical make up "fits" into the norm.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie