Question
Posted by: Maddy | 2011/03/17

thyroid

Hi Doc,
Can you please tell me what an overactive thryoid does? Are there any dangers in it? Is it neccessary to have the blood tests done again in 3 to 6 months time?

Hallo Maddy
An overactive thyroid can cause:
Difficulty concentrating, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, ly enlarged thyroid gland, hot flushes, Increased appetite, sweating, irregular menstrual periods,Nervousness and Restlessness and Weight loss (rarely, weight gain)
I would advise you to repeat the tests after 3 months - if it is stable, you can continue as is, but if it is getting worse, your medication needs changing.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/17

Hallo Maddy
An overactive thyroid can cause: