Question
Posted by: Jules | 2011/02/17

Thyroid

I am struggling to lose weight. I eat fairly healthily. But I feel like I am always hungry. I also suffer from IBS and Acid Reflux. Do you think I could have a thryoid problem? I have also been struggling to conceive for 3 years.

Dear Jules
There are many conditions and factors that can hamper weightloss: a) hormone imbalances (thyroid, insulin, female hormones), b)medications, c) depression. Please consult the dr who is treating your IBS and acid reflux about testing you for hormonal imbalances. Also ask the dr if any of the medications you use for your IBS and acid reflux can cause weight gain or hamper weightloss. I would recommend that you also see a gynaecologist to find out why you cannot fall pregnant.
Holding thumbs for you

1

Dear Jules
Holding thumbs for you