Posted by: Anna | 2011-02-16

Hi when do they remove the thyroid. Been on eltroxin for years now. Taking one a day next day 2 then 1 the next day etc now I started getting pain in my throat my voice sometimes go away. Feels like the tablets is stil in my throat if I drink it and takes a few minute bwfore goring down. The dr said my thyroid is very large and swollen in my right side. Must go for a sonar will they remove my thyroid and how does it work is it a big operation etc

Expert ImageNatural health

with low thyroid function - hyperthyroidism, the thyroid is not often remove. the thyroid is already too sluggish. if they do a scan and find a hot or cold spot then the doctor might do surgery. if the thyroid is removed then you will need to be on meds to replace the hormones the thyroid would have made. consider going for appointment with a homoepath who would look at causes of low thyroid. Acidity in the body is one such example.

Kind Regards
Dr Debbie