Question
Posted by: Star | 2011/02/15

Thyroid

Hi Doc. iI don''t know what to do. I have an enlarged thyroid according to a sonar. Some days I feel as though I''m strangling. I have had blood tests which read as follows: Anti TG Antibody 4.68, TPO Antibody 0.20. My doc says these results are fine and I should just continue taking the eltroxin. I''m having problems sleeping because of feeling strangled. I now have to sleep in a chair to have less pressure in my neck. Please advise. Thanks.

Hallo Star
One of the indications for an operation is pressure on surrounding tissues. The downside is that an enlarged thyroid will often shrink by itself again over time and than an operation may not have been necessary. Please discuss with your doctor again, as he may need to re-consider treatment options.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/15

Hallo Star