Question
Posted by: Star | 2011-02-02

Thyroid

Hi Doc. I have an enlarged thyroid according to a sonar done. It is painful and feels thick in my neck. I am sure it is the cause of a chronic cough. I have been on .1mg eltroxin for 4 years. My docs answer to this problem is to just continue taking the eltroxin. Is there any other type of medication for this problem. My doc does not seem to have time to deal with this.

Hallo Star
You should maybe get a second opinion from a physician as you may need anti-inflammatory medication or surgical removal if the gland is very enlarged and pushing on structures in the neck.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-02

Hallo Star
dr Bets