Posted by: ANON | 2011-01-23

Dear dr 40 year old female - 2 children -
always tired
Hate cold wind on skik - HATE HATE HATE temp changes.
Excessive hair loss
Muscle ach and pains - daily
overweigt - app 10 kg - struggle to loose weight
Mood changes irratability etc etc etc
I am overall a very relaxed person - dont have a lot of issues in life and love lo laughe - very sociable.

I have according to a internet test app 71% symptoms of underactive thyroid. - Blood test in last 5 years always showes boderline underactive. never recieved any treatment - Was Rx eltroxin app 15 years ago for 2 years due to excessive hair loss ect. I remember my general heath improving in that time. But due to moving changing jobs no medical aid etc stoped taking meds.

I am so tired of allways beeing tired - having constant muscle pains and always thought my hate in changing temp was just
me being full of crap. My husband is tired of my hair everywhere in the house - and my loss of sexual feeling I thought was due to all my aches and pains and age

. Is it possible to have these symtomes and it being due to the thyroid althoug it does not show n ecsessive underactivity?

I was tested for autoimune - neg. But have antibodys from epstein barr.

Im just so sick of myself, not being able to be myself. - Mybe it is al age related I dont know?

I do suggest that you consult an endocrynologist for tests. You can ask your state doctor for a referral to one of the larger academic centres. You are absolutely right in thinking that your symptoms are due to an underactive thyroid. Therefore, it is important to get the correct treatment as soon as possible.