Question
Posted by: elli | 2011-01-07

Thyroid

Hi Doc.

Last year my Thyroid reading was 5.8
6 month later was yesterday i was tested again and now today the 7.1.2011 my reading is 0.2

Please let me know if it is bad and what can happen? as i am
quite worried about it.

Many thanks

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

your thyroid has gone from being under active to overactive. if you have been on thyroid medication this could be the cause. it is best to have your thyroid regulate. i suggest consulting with the practitioner who is currently treating you to establish medication forward.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za

1
Posted by: LN | 2011-02-08

I am sssuming that the readings relate to your TSH level. It appears that you were hypothyroid(underactive thyroid) at the time of first testing. . Again, I am assuming that you were then put on meds (most likely Eltroxin), which brought the level right down. This level of 0.2 is just about below the lower limit of normal.

A T4 test is required to determine if the TSH level of 0.2 is normal for you, or if a dosage adjustment of meds is necessary.
This will also be dependent on presenting symptoms relating to your thyroid gland.

Best of luck

Reply to LN