Question
Posted by: jollie | 2010/03/08

thyroid

Do you get a certain diet for people with an underactive thyroid? I want to go to a dietrician but don''t know if they can help me?

Dear Jollie
If you have an underactive thyroid I trust that you are receiving thyroid hormone replacement therapy such as Eltroxin from your medical dr. It is important that you take your medication every day as prescribed. You can certainly see a dietitian who will help you with a slimming diet that is designed for your individual needs. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The combination of a slimming diet and the medication plus daily cardio-exercise like going for brisk walks to stimulate your metabolism will help you to lose weight.

1

Dear Jollie