Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2010-02-17

Thyroid?

I am 24 years old, have endometriosis as well as fibroids. We did hormone tests - TSH was 0.39 which I think is low as the cutt off range is 0.37 - but results said Euthyroidism.
I noticed recently that there is a swelling at the base om my throught where my thyroid is - you can' t see it but you can clearly feel it. My mom had a goiter and this seems very similar. Is it possible that it could be a goiter as well? What else could the butterfly shaped swelling be exactly where my thyroid is?
I feel my hormones are messed up, am on Premarin, Depo as well.

It could be a goitre. I would suggest that you see your doctor to have it checked out.
You are presumable on Depo and Premarin for the endometriosis, and this will 'mess up your hormones' but is designed to cure the endometrisois.

2
Posted by: Charlie | 2010-02-19

Hi Dr, yes, Premarin and Depo for Endo, only thing that is keeping it in control but definitely messing up everything else. Am seeing GP tomorrow. Thank you!

Reply to Charlie
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-19