Question
Posted by: ILSEO | 2010/02/08

THYROID

I SAW MY GP THIS MORNING BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE A BOILED EGG STUCK IN MY THROAT. SHE REFERRED ME FOR A BLOOD TEST AND A SCAN TO CHECK ON MY THYROID AS THIS COULD BE THE PROBLEM. CAN THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM BE TREATED WITH MEDICATION OR WILL THEY NECESSARILY HAVE TO REMOVE IT? I AM PETRIFIED AS I HAVE NEVER HAD AN OPERATION IN MY 38 YEARS ON EARTH.

Hallo Ilseo
They can treat an enlarged thyroid with medication if this is the problem, but the feeling can also be caused by inflammation in the esophagus or a spasm of the esophagus.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/08

Hallo Ilseo

Reply to cyberdoc