Posted by: Lynlin | 2009-02-24

Hi I have being diagnosed with an underactive thryoid. My FT3 reuslt is 3.42 I would like to know what treatment I should be on as my GP has said that he will do another test in a months time. I am really battling with headaches, terrible sweat episodes, nausea and fatigue I also seem to be retaining water. He has also stated that i am aeneamic, the haemoglobin result is 12.1 and the Haematocrit 35.2 my red cell count is 3.82.

Hally Lynlin
You can't take any treatment on your own, your doctor needs to prescribe thyroid supplement if needed. Low thyroid hormone won't cause nausea, but can cause fatique, sweating, water retention. You are not very aneamic and I am not worried about your HB result. Did he also check your kidney functions? The headaches may be due to muscle spasm of the upper back and not related to the thyroid problem. If you have stiff and sore muscles of the neck and shoulders, it may help to see a physiotherapist.