Posted by: Rose | 2008-12-19

I have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, i am taking 50mg of eltroxin daily, my height is 1.62m and i am weighing 61KG, i am battling to lose weight, please assist.

Dear Rose
Your present BMI = 23,3 which is still nicely within the normal range (18-25). So although you could lose 3 kg to have an ideal BMI of 22, this is not really necessary. Take your Eltroxin as prescribed every day as this will help you to maintain or lose weight. You can try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day. The exercise is particularly useful as it will stimulate your metabolism that may be a bit sluggish because of the underactive thyroid.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2008-12-19

Exercising increase your metabolism, and eating foods thats right ....... Good luck.

Reply to Zexeon