Question
Posted by: SAM | 2008/11/05

thyroid

Hi i have had a total thyroidectomy done in June this year and have been taking Eltroxin 0.1mg daily. My blood tests show my levels to be acceptable . my problem is as you must hear often MY Weight. I have gained about 6kg and still gaining I follow a healthy diet and excercise. I find other symptoms too like sensitive feet. limp dry hair bad skin. low energy levels etc. I want to know what else i can do. Is my GP the right person to be seeing ? I really battle emotionally with this weight gain,

Dear Sam
It may be better to see a physician or even better yet, an endocrinologist. You may need a different formula of thyroid supplement.