Question
Posted by: G+ | 2008/11/05

Thyroid

I wrote to you about a month. I had my thyroid function tested. The results are: TSH 2.13 mIU/l FT4 14pmol/l FT3 5.4 pmol/l. According to the lab this is all normal (although) the FT4 are at the bottom of the range. What can I do about the symptoms I experience. (Extreme tiredness, loss of libido, weight gain, bad skin, depression)

Dear G+
The tiredness and loss of libido can be because of depression, weight gain and bad skin can be due to high androgen levels. Discuss with your doctor, you may need to take an antidepressant and something like Diane for the skin. Ask him to prescribe an antidepressant that does not cause more weight gain (because some do).