Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2009/10/20

Thyriod Problems

I am 26, 1.6m tall and weigh 94kg.
I have an underactive thyriod (had post-partum thyrioditis) and I use Eltoxin.

I would like to sart a healthy eating program to lose the weight.
Will it work?

Regards,

Dear Jennifer
If you have an underactive thyroid it is always a good idea to have your thyroid hormone levels checked on a regular basis because your dr may need to adjust your Eltroxin dosage. Your present BMI = 36,7 which is very high, so it would be excellent if you could lose some weight. There is no reason why you won't lose weight if you use a balanced slimming diet and combine it with daily exercise. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life, for 30 or more minutes a day. The exercise will help to stimulate your metabolism and promote weightloss.

2

Dear Jennifer

Posted by: Lala | 2009/10/20

My thyroid is also underactive and yes you will lose weight if you follow a healthy eating plan like weigh less!

Reply to Lala