Question
Posted by: amber | 2010-03-24

thyriod cancer

hi doc,
thyriod removed dec 09, no radioactive iodene treatment then, now oncologist says i should have it because a sonar showed a lump in my neck. 6 weeks without any eltroxin, how am i going to feel? I just got back to my pre-op weight, with hard work, now its going back to square one. I already feel fuzzy headed and low, how will i cope without the meds. are there any other tests to show that this lump is actually could be more thyriod cancer.
any advice would be very helpfull.

Amber

Unfortunately, there is no definate tests that can be done to exclude thyroid cancer. You can however, ask your doctor for a second opinion but I doubt if the approach will be different.

Best of luck and please keep me updated.