Posted by: Joanita | 2011-05-17

I had my thyroid removed in December 2010. Since then the problems with my eyes just got worse. There is stuff coming out of my eyes and its very puffy. Is this due to the thyriod. And I gained a lot of weight. What food must I aviod or is it the eltroxin?

Your symptoms, especially the weight gain can be an indication that your hypothyroidism is not well controlled. Consult your doctor for a T4 and TSH blood test to evaluate your treatment with Eltroxin.

You will have to consult an opthalmologist with regards to your eyes.

A sensible diet and exercise will assist with weight loss. Weight loss will be extremely difficult if your treatment with Eltroxin is inadequate. You can consult a dietrician to have a spesific diet worked out for you.

Posted by: trevor | 2011-05-17

ek het ''n onderaktiewe skildklier. kan my voete kronies brand as gevolg daarvan ?

Reply to trevor