Posted by: Mariska | 2009-10-17

July had an operation to remove large complicated cyst on left ovary. Been for sonar of thyriod last week, after complaining of voice disappearing, earache etc. Discovered complicated cyst on left side of thyroid. Did blood tests to find out what I am alergic to, thats why trought gets irritated.
What would the ent do about the cyst on thyroid? I only see him again next week.
Does cysts on ovaries and cyst on thyroid have any relation?

I do not think there is a relation between ovarial cysts and thyroid duct cysts. The thyroid cyst can easily be treated with surgery or a new procedure called inteventional thyroid ultrasound where the fluid is evacuated with a 25 gauge needle under guidance of ultrasound. This has a 80% success rate of treating a thyroid cyst.