Question
Posted by: abigail | 2009/11/22

thumb problem

I woke up a few days ago with a stiff thumb. As I straightened it there was some resistance then a sort of click feeling. When I bent it again the click happened again. I kept on moving it and the click gradually subsided, but it returns every morning. My thumb looks just slightly swollen and it doesn'  t move through its full range. I suppose it could, but it is very stiff at the end of range and hurts. What is this?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Abigail
You could have been overworking the thumb a bit and there can be some wear and tear changes (osteo-arthritis)due to this. Try some otc anti-inflammatories like Brufen or Voltaren or even some Voltaren gel. If this persists or becomes worse, let your doctor check it out.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2009/11/24

Dear Abigail

Reply to Healthy Bones