Question
Posted by: abe | 2009/11/20

thumb joint

I woke up a few days ago with a stiff thumb. As I straightened it there was some resistance then a sort of click feeling. When I bent it again the click happened again. I kept on moving it and the click gradually subsided, but it returns every morning. My thumb looks just slightly swollen and it doesn' t move through its full range. I suppose it could, but it is very stiff at the end of range and hurts. What is this?

Abe

It is difficult to say and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a x-ray of your thumb, in order to have a proper diagnosis made.