Question
Posted by: jean | 2010/11/15

thumb

Hi there, just need to know the do''s &  don''ts please...sliced my finger on a manual biltong slicer sat morn - from the middle of my nail all the way around (to the back) got stiches, thumb is wrapped up - doc gave me no pain killers but i was told not to get the finger wet....my questions are: what must i do &  not do..... i should clearly not be moving my hand much....is it normal to have a tingling, throbbing sensation in the thumb

Hallo Jean
You can take something like Mypaid or Myprodol for the pain if you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. It is normal that it would throb - lift it up to reduce swelling. Watch for redness and swelling at the base of the finger or a red stripe going up your arm or a yellow discharge - this could be a sign of spreading infection. Try to keep it dry (put one of these throw-away plastic gloves on and tape around the wrist when you shower). Must have been quite a sore experience! I hope it gets better quickly.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/15

Hallo Jean