Posted by: Darren | 2009-02-05

Thryoid question

Hi CyberDoc

I am a 35 year old man. Lately, the last 4 or 5 mths, I haven' t been exercising much.

I went to the doctor in dec. and protein was found in my urine. Also my heartrate was terrible, over 117 or so beats a minute.

The doc gave me pur-blocka tabs for my heart and anti-histamines for my allergies. Anyway, I' ve lost a few kgs and feel so low on energy the last 3 mths.

I tested hiv-negative so it' s not hiv, because the test was done 10 mths after the last sexual encounter.

I' m wondering if I have an overactive thryoid. I' ve never had a blood test done for the thyroid yet. In the past about 15 years ago a doc looked at my throat and said my thryoid seems ok, but I don' t know now.

Appreciate your advice.

Hallo Darren
Abnormal high protein levels in the urine can be a sign of kidney disease - one can test this with a blood test, and urine also needs to be sent to the lab. Thyroid function can only be tested by a blood test. Ask him to also do a full blood count test to check for anemia

Posted by: Darren | 2009-02-06

Thank you very much Doc. Much appreciated.

Reply to Darren