Posted by: Cleo | 2009-07-23

Thrush, antibiotics and possible pregnancy

We are planning for a baby #2. I' m on fertimed and my period is due on the 2 August 2009. I have been sick with the flu and the doc presecribed 1g antibiotics which I have been taking. My question is, how safe is it to take antibiotics when you are planning for a pregnancy? My second question is I have developed vaginal trush due to the antibiotics. I' m now not sure if I should use Canestan to treat the trush as I' m not sure what the side effects would be if I have conceived in the past few days or week. Any advise would be welcomed. P.S. I am currently eating plain yoghurt to help with the trush but not sure if it is enough.

Many antibiotics are safe in pregnancy. It depends which one you used. Canesten can be used in pregnancy.