Question
Posted by: Slippers | 2011/10/17

Thrush and can''t treat

I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with thrush for about 3 weeks.
My problem is that I am using Uterogestan (vaginally) twice daily for my pregnancy so I don''t know how I can use Caneston to treat the thrush.
All I have been doing, is using Caneston on the outside of my vagina, basically only treating the symptoms but not the actual problem, so I know it won''t go away but it at least reduces the itchiness.

I don''t know how to treat the thrush if I''m using the progesterone twice a day - please help?

If you use the uterogestan morning and night, use Canesten in the afternoon.

4
Posted by: Zama | 2011/10/26

Hi Slippers

So what did doc say? I was on progesterone for 13 weeks and stopped the moment doc said I could. I still have a few suppositories left.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: Slippers | 2011/10/25

:) Thanks Zama!
I''m also seeing Doc tomorrow (I posted this question more than a week ago..) and I''ll double-check with him.
I''m really hoping I don''t have to keep using the Progesterone for too much longer...

Reply to Slippers
Posted by: Zama | 2011/10/25

Hi Slippers

I had the same problem. In fact I found that the suppositories execerbated it so i started using the progesterone through the back door..sorry TMI... and i inserted the meds for the thrush vaginally. I then continued using the progesterone via the back door even afterwards and the thrush and irritation has not returned. I was also told to use probiotics to keep it from returning.

Check if you can also used your progesterone through the back door so that you can start treating the thrush.

Reply to Zama