Posted by: miri | 2009-12-11

thrush and bladder

hi doc
1. what are the symptoms of antibiotic (augmentin) related thrush? i am on a couse for bladder inf and on day 3 of 7 and have a whitish film in the lips of my vagina, sometimes on my underwear too, what are other symptoms if this is thrush?

2. is it common to have spotting of blood (on wiping not in urine) whenever you have a bladder infection, what concerns me is this is about the only symptoms i have and then its a bladder infection, no other symptoms because i have a regular menstrual cycle when i see this tiny spotting of blood on wiping i know i have an infection, is there reason to be more concerened than people who have the other symptoms ie burning urine etc etc..

You are experiencing the signs and symptoms of vaginal thrush. Refer to the following link for detailed information regarding vaginal thrush:

Ask your pharmacist for Canestin 1VC and Canestin cream. The use of these products are easy and should clear the thrush.

Vaginal spotting is not a symptom of bladder infection. Your gynaecologist should be consulted if the spotting persists. Refer to the following link regarding bladder infection: